Re: Clock

Subject: Re: Clock
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 09:53:41 MDT

On Thu, 7 Jun 2001, Jose Luis Paredes wrote:
> Every time my machine reboots my clock gets reset. Aside from the
>battery being dead is there anything else that needs to be setup for the
>clock to have the correct info?

 If you use the 'date' command, it only affects the software clock in the
OS. To actually write to the CMOS clock, you need to use the clock
command.

 man clock and man date for more info.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada