iBook won't boot

Subject: iBook won't boot
From: Jose Luis Paredes (jose.paredes@yale.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 15:00:42 MDT

  I hate having to bother people in the list but I'm hoping for a
miracle answer :). I just finished installing YDL 2.0, everything
went ok and then the machine rebboted. At the "welcome to Yellow Dog
Linux" screen it gives me the boot prompt. says it's loading the
kernel and then says the image was not found, try again. I look into
the firmware settings and it defines boot-device as hd:8,\\:tbxi
-the partition where the boot loader is installed is /dev/hda8. Any ideas?