Re: Broken 7200 ethernet support

Subject: Re: Broken 7200 ethernet support
From: Olaf Hering (olh@suse.de)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 17:30:38 MDT

On Sat, May 26, Leonard Chung wrote:

> Hi Randall,
>
> Hmm, that's unfortunate. I was going to put this machine in a server closet
> so operator intervention on this machine is pretty difficult and
> infrequent. Does anybody know if YDL 2.0 improves ethernet support, or if
> there's another distro that supports the 7200's built-in ethernet?

The first motherboards had a broken ethernet chip.
Just ask your dealer for a replacement, it should be free of charge.
You can identify a broken chip with the serial number on the back side,
I guess there is a TIL entry at apple.com.

I did that in spring '98 and it took 5 weeks, works fine since that day.

Gruss Olaf

--
 $ man clone

BUGS Main feature not yet implemented...