Replacement disc arrive - installed - but how to boot into Linux?

Subject: Replacement disc arrive - installed - but how to boot into Linux?
From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 18:46:41 MDT

Hi all,

Machine PowerBook G3/500 FW (Pismo)
Drive 30 GB
                19 GB = MacOS 9.1 HFS+
                8.99 GB = Linux / e2fs
                10 MB = Linux /boot e2fs - does not seem to be formatted
                256 MB = swap space
                various Apple partitions for who knows what
Memory 256 MB

I installed the development package. I already have the 19 GB MacOS
partition (HFS+, not HFS!!!) and it has only 4 GB free and I can not
really do a backup of all the stuff since I don't have an external
drive to pout it all. And who wants HFS anyway?

I did not get the yaboot installed automatically - at least it
doesn't look like it.
Linux is installed but I fear, there is nothing in /boot.
I booted with 'cd-install rootdev=/dev/hda12' which is the linux /
partition and it booted - but I want this M/L thingy when I start up.
How do I do an 'afterwards' install?
Going to Open Firmware and telling it to hd:,\\yaboot didn't allow me
to select MacOS ... Help ... I know my way around UNIX pretty well,
but MacOS and it's boot sequence has me still puzzled a bit.

Best regards,
Chris

Chris Ruprecht
Network grunt and bit pusher extraordinaíre