Solved: Replacement disc arrive - installed - but how to boot into Linux?

Subject: Solved: Replacement disc arrive - installed - but how to boot into Linux?
From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 21:15:56 MDT

Ok, answering my own question.

Of course it was a mistake of mine to format the /boot partition as
e2fs - it needed to be HFS - mkofboot told me that and a subsequent
ybin command ... uhmm ... rendered the machine unbootable in YDL 2
mode ... ok, sonce every good install takes at least 2 attempts (one
to find out what you can mess up and the second to get it right) I
re-installed, this time everything worked.

Now, all I need to do is port my Mac stuff over to Linux (ftp Mac ->
RH box, reboot Mac, ftp YDL <- RH box) ...

Humm ... humm ...

Good job, Terra Soft, but I think you need somebody to write a
propper installation manual. The 6 lines of how to install yaboot are
a little slim ...

Best regards,
Chris

Chris Ruprecht
Network grunt and bit pusher extraordinaíre