Help on YDL 2.0

Subject: Help on YDL 2.0
From: David W. Euans (davidwe@telocity.com)
Date: Thu Jun 07 2001 - 22:58:44 MDT

I have unsuccessfully tried to install YDL 2.0 on my Mac 8500/132 on
four occasions. The first three times, after logging in and entering my
password, the screen goes blank and then the monitor goes into its "no
signal" mode. The Mac continues to access the disk and is apparently
doing something - I just can't see it. This happens whether or not the
"no video driver" is checked on BootX. It also happens with either the
graphical or text login chosen. I have tried installing the Home/Office
package and the LAN package. After the last install, when I get to the
login page, as soon as any key is pressed, the screen blanks and the
monitor sleeps. I am using the stock Mac 8500 video system, by the way,
with an Apple 1705 monitor. I am using a dual boot system with the Mac
OS on a 2 gig drive and the Linux on a 9 gig drive. I have 48 megs RAM.

All help is appreciated.

Dave Euans