RE: Kernel 2.4.x?

Subject: RE: Kernel 2.4.x?
From: Isak Lyberth (ily@serv01.vejlehs.dk)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 04:44:31 MDT

I don't have the 2.0 cd but i imagine that the folder in wich the files is,
is /cdrom/Yellowdog/RMPS or something like that.
The file will be called kernel-2.4.something.rpm
You could go to www.kernel.org to get the latest version.
Expect better support for USB, large amounts of memory, better performance
on beowulf clusters but also expect losses in stability. 2.4 is still a new
kernel and needs to be stabiliced a bit compared to the latest few of the
2.2 series (according to many of my nerdy friends).

Regards
Isak