RE: Pismo XWindows Video...

Subject: RE: Pismo XWindows Video...
From: Ruprecht, Chris (cruprech@compucom.com)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 06:32:24 MDT

Hey, Man!

I would not attempt to install X-4 over an existing X-3.x.x installation
(again). I have tried this once and it failed. I have to admit that I
didn't spend a whole lot of time trying, only 2 days.
Rather, back up your machine (or the stuff you need and the stuff you
changed and do not forget the stuff you changed - but you will forget
some ;-) and then install YDL 2.0 from scratch. It is a good solid
system, X-4 works, KDE work, although I have used Gnome in the past, I
might keep KDE now.
I'm missing some stuff like GnuCash (I think it was in the 1.2.1 distro)
and I'm busy trying to rebuild it now (from source, which is a pain as
some of the stuff doesn't compile). But it'w well worth it.

Best regards,
Chris