Re: yaboot help

Subject: Re: yaboot help
From: Adam Had'em (adamhadm@frontiernet.net)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 17:11:36 MDT

I had a very similar experience with my b/w G3 350 when I installed
earlier this week. The yaboot.conf did not put the correct "/"
partition nor was any of the partition #'s correct for OS X or 9.1.
This took me a while to figure out and correct. Once I fixed that
problem it started up.

Solution...

My Linux is on a 2nd hard drive and the 2.0 tasty morsels does not
recognize hdb just hda so I had to startup using the 1.2 tasty morsels
cd. This may not happen to you or you may have your linux on hda
instead.

ii. do a pdisk /dev/?? your hard drive with os x and linux
        write down the partition #'s for os x, linux

1. In any case boot into the tasty morsel CD and mount your Apple_Boot
or Apple_Bootstrap into a directory in mnt.
2. cd /mnt/??? your dirctory
3. use vi or pico to edit your yaboot.conf, I use vi
        vi yaboot.conf
4. (If you are not familar with vi
        "i" for inser, you can also use the back space to delete
        "esc" button when you are finishing inserting
        when you want to save the changes when you are done and you have
pressed the "esc" type ":" a colin and
                a "w" for write and "q" to quit
                example :wq - this will save your changes and quit

5. unmount and reboot and you should be up and running.

this is a temporary fix - you still have to change your yaboot.conf in
the /etc directory once you boot into your '/' directory

good luck

-Adam