Re: XF86Config This one is 1068x7645 75 Hz refresh and works on an Apple Studio Display 17. with YDL 2.0

Subject: Re: XF86Config This one is 1068x7645 75 Hz refresh and works on an Apple Studio Display 17. with YDL 2.0
From: Patrick Callahan (pac1@tiac.net)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 17:50:11 MDT

Oops, I checked the mail I just sent and the one I sent was actually
1600x1200 with refresh 75 hz and 32 bit color depth. I've been doing a lot
of testing of X lately and that's what ended up on the disk even though I was
looking at a 1024x768-75 32 bit screen. The next time I rebooted I'd have
been in 1600x1200 which isn't sized right.

Here's the 1024x768-75 32 XF86Config-7

Here also is the script I use to generate and test.

call it like this from a root console window:

/root/tryX 1024x768-75 32

and it will generate a single mode XF86Config-4, and start X with it.
You can try other resolutions and bit depths manually or using the tryAllX
script.

When I get back to working on X I'll create one that will work in multiple
modes and allow me to switch on the fly.

-Pat