Re: KDE and Unreadable Fonts - Solved

Subject: Re: KDE and Unreadable Fonts - Solved
From: Patrick Callahan (pac1@tiac.net)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 18:19:37 MDT

On Thursday 07 June 2001 20:35, you wrote:
> In both KDE and Konqueror, the default fonts are nearly unreadable at any
> screen resolution. Has anyone else had this problem after upgrading to YDL
> 2.0? I was running the YDL 2.0 beta for a while and did not have this
> problem.
>
> Changing the font size helps, but the fonts are all jaggy and inconsistent
> between mail messages.
>
> -Pat Callahan

Solution: Searched for ugly fonts using www.google.com
found a link in a message on Mandrake:

http://www.linuxplanet.com/linuxplanet/tutorials/3093/3/

This one explains the meaning of life in terms of X fonts.
I'ts worth a read.

The problem with KDE on YDL 2.0 is that it comes with the setting for
anti-aliasing set off by default.

Here's what it says at the end of the article:

"Once you start KDE, go to the K menu > Preferences > Look & Feel > Style.
This will now contain a checkbox next to "Use Anti-Aliasing for Fonts and
Icons." Check it and restart KDE "

You can restart KDE by simply logging out and logging back in again.
Anti-aliasing is yours but all your base are belong to us!

-pat Callahan