Installing on PM 9600/G4/ATi

Subject: Installing on PM 9600/G4/ATi
From: Chris Ruprecht (chrup@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Jun 08 2001 - 19:29:43 MDT

Installation problems again...

I have a slightly non standard 9600. It has a NewerTech MaxPowr
G4/400 card instead of the original 604e/233 and an ATi Orion (Rage
128). The screen is a KDS VS-190 (cheap 19", nothing fancy).

I did the installation of BootX as described and I did select the
text ramdisk at system startup.

The machine boots up into Linux and displays these first bright
values, underneath it says 'booting...' and then nothing.
I did try with no-video on or off, doesn't make a difference.

I still have the IMS Twin Turbo video card around somehwere, but I
have no screen which connects to it. The old 1710AV sits in the
corner, it works for about 15 minutes before it switches itself off.

I can't be the only one with such a video card or a NewerTech card
... where am I going wrong?

Best regards,
Chris

Chris Ruprecht
Network grunt and bit pusher extraordinaíre