Re: Installing on PM 9600/G4/ATi

Subject: Re: Installing on PM 9600/G4/ATi
From: Iain Stevenson (iain@IainStevenson.com)
Date: Sat Jun 09 2001 - 02:04:11 MDT

Chris,

In the basis that your system has a very similar configuration to mine (ie
mine's a 9600 with a PowerLogix G3 card and a Rage Orion) and I've had the
same problem .... you may need the Benh kernel. For a while, the code
needed to boot old world Macs wasn't completely integrated with the 2.4.x
series kernels giving the boot problem you describe.

Go here: http://penguinppc.org/~benh/ and get 2.4.4 kernel via rsync. If it
would be useful let me know and I'll email my kernel to you.

  Iain