gcc install problems / pre compiled php4 and mysql sources?

Subject: gcc install problems / pre compiled php4 and mysql sources?
From: Dave Comeau (dave@evsdesigns.com)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 12:36:57 MDT

I have a bad CD and can only install the 'Inernet Server' package.

My goal is to have apache, php4 and mysql on my box for local development.

It seems that all the rpm's on the source cd require gcc to compile, am I
correct? So i'm stuck with the chicken and egg question, how to I install
the gcc rpm, which requires a compiler to install, without having a
compiler?!

I installed bison, and set my enviromental vairiable CC=/usr/bin/bison
but none of the rpm's like bison at all, so I'm sure this is no good. Are
there pre-compiled versions of php4 and mysql that would work with ydl2.0?
This sounds much easier that getting gcc working. Any help would be much
appreciated. I'm quite new to linux.

Thanks in advance - Dave Comeau