Re: Problems installing YDL 2.0 on 6500

Subject: Re: Problems installing YDL 2.0 on 6500
From: Chad A. Clark (cclark888@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 13:41:36 MDT

I have now reformatted my drive (unallocated)
with media in every drive including THE floppy drive
w/ no video driver on
a.) boot messages display normally, kernel boots up
b.) the first screen of the (textmode)installer is unreadable, hit return
(to see what happens) a blue screen appears and some unreadable messages
(which appear to be read errors from the cd.) occur and the machine restarts
on its own (Same as before). -- FAILED INSTALL

I have tried with all external devices disconnected (floppy power
disconnected, too.)

a.) same as above -- INSTALLER FAILS

Installation on SCSI drive

w/ no video driver on -- INSTALLER FAILS

a.) same as above

Dusted off my old 7200/90 from the closet formatted drive
boot (MacOS) off external zip (floppy power disconnected, too)

Installation on SCSI drive
w/ no video driver on

a.) same as above -- INSTALLER FAILS

I am giving up on the installer and sticking with YDL 1.2.1 and building
what I want from source.

Chad A. Clark