Re: Darwin 1.3.1?

Subject: Re: Darwin 1.3.1?
From: Elliott Liggett (kilowatt@cinci.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jun 10 2001 - 16:33:55 MDT

Apple is pretty damn cool, too.
You should be able to run darwin on any computer that will support YDL.
Especially any computer with a PCI bus. According to alot of people at
macosx.com, apple does not plan to port Mac OS X to intel (perhaps they
do.... see my link at the end) however, in order to be supportive of
open source this-and-that, they will (as well as others) hack it up for
intel.
http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthread.php?s=6613e1b0fef45f72e7421d624b785e6d&
threadid=1878&highlight=intel
you might have better luck with this link:
http://www.macosx.com/forums/printthread.php?threadid=1878

BTW, for all who are interested, I've been running Mac OS X for quite a
while now, and I love it. Not only is the desktop enviroment (aqua) a
breeze to use, but it is stable as can be (hasn't crashed or
kernel-faulted yet). Although in its infancy with apple, it has some
strong roots. I'm running apache, ssh, perl, etc etc just fine. And
porting programs is a blast!