Dan or Hollis - Install CD does NOT work any more - time used up?

Subject: Dan or Hollis - Install CD does NOT work any more - time used up?
From: Adam Had'em (adamhadm@frontiernet.net)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 01:05:20 MDT

I was reconfiguring my system and moving partitions and needed to
install the main core system (I save the data for all the hard work I
put into it) but now the CD does NOT wrok...

I can not boot from it any more... and while in OS X it mounts but I can
not access the dirrectories, just a blank CD.

It started with bug errors when trying to reinstall while scanning for
the packages and now the install CD does not even work at all

NO scratches, marks, or finger prints on the CD - looks like it just
came out of the box.

I have tried with
                2.0 tasty morsels - just fine
                1.2 tasty morsels - just fine
                LinuxPPC 2000 - just fine
                Music cd's - just fine
                Apple OS CD's - just fine

I tryied to startup from yaboot with the c selection but every time the
problems differ...
mostly if it does boot I get the open firmware white screen and just
maybe if I am lucky the screen would go black and I get a underscore on
the top left corner. Other times I get OF errors stating that it can
not find yaboot or some other physical or mem address. Some times while
in the cd bootloader (yaboot) it can not find the kernel and quits or
sends me back to the OF. Then it started booting period. I have even
erased my good boot strap partion to see if it was that and is was not.
(I saved the info) I tried without my bootloader but now nothing
happens... only my OS X starts up... Other CD's can boot up but not
the installer. This has never happened to me of all the years of
computing...

What are my options? Is it any way possible I can get a new one sent
out and I return this CD to prove it is not me..? I am now left with
out any linux. :( Please call me if you can before 1:00pm est or after
4:00 pm est thank you..

-Adam H. Done
716 317 4421

I will try to dup the cd but I am willing to bet it won't work