Network problem with YDL 2.0/DHCP

Subject: Network problem with YDL 2.0/DHCP
From: Mark Jaffe (wizards@wizdev.net)
Date: Mon Jun 11 2001 - 18:17:08 MDT

I am unable to get onto the mini-network in my SOHO. I have an Airport base
station which uses dial-up and goes into a 4-port hub to connect my desktop
machines. I have no problem getting it to dish out a DHCP address for MacOS
9 on the 8500/G3 and the 8500/dual-604e machines. When I set up the new
server (8500/dual-604e) with YDL 2, I told it to use DHCP but it complains
there is no server available to get an address from. I am going to move it
to the Co-Lo after I install the 2.4.4 kernel and switch it to a fixed IP,
but for now I'd like to get it on the network to set some other things up.
Mark Jaffe | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@wizdev.net | http://www.wizdev.net/