No YDL on New G4???

Subject: No YDL on New G4???
From: Ted Goranson (tedg@sirius-beta.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 00:19:47 MDT

Okay. Here's the sequence:

--Decide on YDL for my new top of the line G4

--Message this list with detailed specs asking for suggestions

--One person responds 8 days later says get the CDs with support

--get the CDs with support

--CDs arrive, I happily begin

Whoops. I have a modern mac which means yaboot

Whoops, yaboot doesn't support the stock card that Apple puts in its
best stock system

Whoops, there is no mention of this on the YDL site where they give
hardware requirements.

Whoops, neither the graphic installer of the "non-graphic installer
works, instead giving about thirty lines of error messages.

Is this right? Is there really no way to put the best OS on the best machine?

Best, Ted

--
Ted Goranson