Re: G3 optimization question... (fwd)

Subject: Re: G3 optimization question... (fwd)
christopher.murtagh@wcg.mcgill.ca
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 14:05:15 MDT

On Tue, 12 Jun 2001, Dan Burcaw wrote:
>I've VERY skeptical. I'd like to see some numbers. History has shown
>that the toolchain (gcc, glibc, etc.) is very un-tuned for the PowerPC
>platform. I think Mandrake is just trying to do the same marketing stuff
>they did when they came out for x86.

 But, hey, I'm glad to see another Intel distribution supporting PPCs. It
adds credibility to the platform... plus it makes you guys at Terra Soft
work harder. ;-) (just kidding).

 I do run Mandrake in Intel, but I'll be sticking with YDL for PPC.... for
now anyway. ;-) (man, I just crack myself up)

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada