Re: G3 optimization question...

Subject: Re: G3 optimization question...
BondTrails@aol.com
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 19:01:51 MDT

Hi YellowDoggers,
I just found this in another listServe that I posted:

Q: ""Just how is Mandrake linux G3 Optimized? I wasn't aware that the gcc
compiler that is found standard in Linux packages was tweaked for the
Motorola 750 family of CPUs."

Response:
Here's a link to the "new features" page of gcc's current release, GCC 2.95:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/gcc-2.95/features.html

PowerPC 750 is listed under "New Targets and Target Specific Improvements."
Mandrake has been known to optimize their distribution for different but
related processors. For example, they offer different versions for Intel 486
and Pentium processors. ""

**End Post**

Dan (and you other wizards), what do you think? What does this mean?? What
version of gcc et.al is YDL 2.0 using?

Bondster!!!