YDL 2.0, Pismo powerbook and hwclock

Subject: YDL 2.0, Pismo powerbook and hwclock
From: Robert Story (rstory-l@revelstone.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 19:26:33 MDT

I can't seem to get my clock set properly in YDL 2.0. When rc.sysinit does
it's thing at boot time, it correctly reads the local time from the
hardware clock, and calls settimeofday (info gleaned by adding --debug to
the default starting arguments), but doesn't have the timezone info set
correcty for some reason (tz argument is 0).

If I extract the rc.sysint stuff into a separate file (rc.clock) and call
it from rc.local, the time is set correctly (settimeofday tz offset is 300,
not zero). Why doesn't rc.sysint work correctly?