Firmware update on iMac Rev A

Subject: Firmware update on iMac Rev A
From: Josh Franklin (sadrith@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 12 2001 - 23:45:08 MDT

Hello,

Maybe someone here can help me with the problem I'm
having; I've seen other users with the same problem,
but no one can give a good answer.

I had YDL 1.2.1 running along side MacOS 9.0.4 just
fine. Then, when I upgraded to MacOS 9.1, I had to do
a firmware update and since then when I try to boot
into Linux the screen just goes blank...not black,
just blank. I've tried using BootX, yaboot, i've
reinstalled YDL, I've installed LinuxPPC, i've reset
the Open Firmware, I've tweaked the Open Firmware, and
all the variants there-in.

I am now running OS 9.0. I have a rev. A iMac with 96
MB RAM and 2MB VRAM. I have a feeling the problem
lies with how the Firmware Update causes the computer
to interact with the A/V board which was already a
little "glitchy" (Green Light of Death for those
familiar).

Anyway, if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

_josh