Skipping a module (How?) *********

Subject: Skipping a module (How?) *********
From: Brian Waite (bwaite@cspi.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 07:50:12 MDT

I had the same problem when I installed the 2.4 kernel. The good news is you can skip the moduloe the bad news is you have to boot the 2.2.19 kernel first. Hopefully you did not remove it. Once you have booted through whatever means (the cd will probably work too, but you will have to mount your root fs manually) go to /lib/modules/2.4.4-1a and edit you modules.dep file. Now just search for the sounds modules and remove them from this file. Once you do that you'll be up and booting in no time.
Thanks
Brian