YDL install problems on my G4

Subject: YDL install problems on my G4
Furver@aol.com
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 14:54:47 MDT

2 problems durring install of YDL 2.0
I'm totally new to Linux so i'm sure I just missed something.

G4(AGP), 450Mhz, 640MB RAM
DVD ROM, 100MEG zip
Mits Diamond Pro710 17 in Monitor.
2 hard drives:1 for OS, 1 partitoned for 1/2 Linux, 1/2 whatever

I went through the entire install EXACTLY like the manual said and when I
went to boot up, it went through the normal yaboot process, then right before
of messages reading;" Fatal server error". "No Screens Found" and said to
"report bugs to xfree86.org"

After reading through as much as I could find on this message board, I am
going to take a wild guess and assume its a monitor issue and that I need to
re-run the Xconfiguration? If so, why didn't it sense my Mits. Diamond
Pro710 while durring the monitor set up?(it's in there)

Second problem:
Now, while trying to figure all this out I had to switch over to OS9 to get
on-line and noticed that now it hangs durring a normal shutdown or restart.
The problem didn't go away until I pulled the entire installed YDL 2.0 out
entirely.

I am really excited to learn Linux but this install issue is making me a
little crazy.
Any help would be appreciated.
-Sean Earley