Re: YDL 2.0 on 9600

Subject: Re: YDL 2.0 on 9600
From: Mark Jaffe (wizards@wizdev.net)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 16:02:13 MDT

On 6/13/01 11:31 AM, "Philippe L. Houze" <plhydl@blackdiamondltd.com> wrote:

> Lucky you !!!
>
> On my 9600/360 It stops after "booting..."
>
> I have been trying to set it up since May 31st with no luck.
> But according to Dan Burcaw, only a handful of people had installation
> problems...
> and a couple of bad disks...
>
> Anyone having succeeded to install and run YDL 2.0 on "Old World" PPC?
>
> Philippe.

Well, I've gotten it installed on an 8500; I don't know about your
experience, but I've been hacking Linux on PPC since 1995 (I was at Apple
when they released the first MkLinux CD, I got to hand out the CDs at WWDC,
since my boss spearheaded the effort!

I still can't get the SMP kernel to work and no response yet from TerraSoft.

Mark
Mark Jaffe | (408) 972-9638 (home)
Chief Wizard | (408) 807-1530 (cell/page/voicemail)
Computer Wizards | (425) 795-6421 (FAX)
wizards@wizdev.net | http://www.wizdev.net/