Re: YDL install problems on my G4

Subject: Re: YDL install problems on my G4
From: John Canning (john@pcc.com )
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 21:32:08 MDT

On Wed Jun 13 16:54:47 2001 Furver@aol.com wrote:

> I went through the entire install EXACTLY like the manual said and when I
> went to boot up, it went through the normal yaboot process, then right before
> of messages reading;" Fatal server error". "No Screens Found" and said to
> "report bugs to xfree86.org"

Hi Sean -

When I install Linux on a new machine, I always set it to boot into
a text login rather than a graphical one. This allows me to get things
up and running and to tinker around with the X configuration. Once
I am satisfied things are really working properly, I will switch it
over to a graphical login. But, come to think of it, I haven't actually
done that in months now...

Good luck!

John