6400/200 and video problems

Subject: 6400/200 and video problems
From: Sean O. Denney (sdenney@cise.ufl.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 09:37:52 MDT

With the help of the good folks at Terrasoft, I was able to determine
the culprit in my USB probe error. Now that that is fixed, I have
come to a new problem... the video doesn't respond to the No Video
Driver for my 6400/200.

I can see that the installer boots up, but the refresh rate is too
high for my monitor. The particular mointor is an old Apple Performa
Display. It is attached to a ATI XClaimVR 128 via the Apple VGA
adapter that came with my new G4/450MP.

The monitor is a fixed resolution mointor. The specs are as follows:

Resolution: 640x480
Max Colors: Millions
Vertical Refresh Rate: 67.2 Hz

I have tried to boot up using the No Video Driver option, but that
does not work. The problem occurs whether I use the x11 or the text
based installer.

I have tried using the arguments as per the install guide for YDL
1.2.1:

video=atyfb:vmode:6

but this does not work.

Under YDL 1.2.1, I used the No Video Driver option, and it worked
perfectly. I don't know what else to try. If anyone knows how to
remedy this problem, I would be very greatful.

Thanks in advance
--- Sean Denney