YDL 2.0 problems

Subject: YDL 2.0 problems
From: Sean O. Denney (sdenney@cise.ufl.edu)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 05:45:06 MDT

I have a 6400/200 with a ATI XClaimVR 128 card, and that wouldn't work
with YDL 2.0, but it worked perfectly with YDL 1.2.1. I reverted to
the valkyrie card built into the machine, and this worked, but I can
only get 32768 colors, which looks really bad.

Another thing is that the x11 installer doesn't work either, so the
installer reverted to the text only version. This was fine, but I
kind of wanted to see what the graphical installer looked like.

When It got to the point of creating the drive partitions, I was
unable to name each partition like I could do with pdisk from within
MacOS.

Then, when I got to the package install, there was no expert option to
go through and pick the exact packages i wanted, or at least to select
more than one of the sets (Home/Office, Development, etc.).

When it got to the network setup, it crapped out. Seems the RealTek
is still not a default, but no matter as it can be made into kernel
module.

After the install, I tried reverting back to my ATI card, but the same
problem persists. Looks like it's back to the valkyrie :-(

--- Sean