Re: startup daemons question

Subject: Re: startup daemons question
From: Sam Moore (samiwas@macconnect.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 08:09:44 MDT

A good general way to make stuff happen at startup is to add the
command you want to the bottom of your rc.local file. This is
particularly useful if you've become confused by the whole rc.*
runlevel scheme.
But the services you mention here can be controlled from a runlevel
editor such as the one that comes with KDE (see
http://www.kde.com/docs/d/kdecontrib/KSysV/1.3.8devel/en/introduction.html
), or with linuxconf. These tools take care of shuffling the rc.*
scripts for you.