How Do I - another UNIX 101

Subject: How Do I - another UNIX 101
From: Ruprecht, Chris (cruprech@compucom.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 08:46:14 MDT

1. Does your machine see the ethernet card in Linux (I suppose so)
2. Do you have a static IP or do you use DHCP?

Log in as root
type in
netconfig
enter the correct information
reboot (not always required but some times the network is not coming up)
at startup, you should see something like 'configuring interface eth0'
and then '[OK]'

This is the way you configure ANY type of ethernet connection.

Best regards,
Chris