Re: startup daemons question

Subject: Re: startup daemons question
From: Dave Comeau (dave@evsdesigns.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 12:53:11 MDT

Thanks. The whole rc.* does confuse me, and it's not that critical,
just a local test box. Whats really confusing me is my 7500's refusal
to boot linux without a monitor?! Anyways, thanks for the tip, I'll
try editing that rc.local file, since I do everything through telnet
and don't run any gui.

-Dave Comeau

>A good general way to make stuff happen at startup is to add the
>command you want to the bottom of your rc.local file. This is
>particularly useful if you've become confused by the whole rc.*
>runlevel scheme.
>But the services you mention here can be controlled from a runlevel
>editor such as the one that comes with KDE (see
>http://www.kde.com/docs/d/kdecontrib/KSysV/1.3.8devel/en/introduction.
>html ), or with linuxconf. These tools take care of shuffling the
>rc.* scripts for you.
>
>>I would like to have three daemons start on a startup
>>
>>/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start
>>/etc/rc.d/init.d/mysqld start
>>/etc/rc.d/init.d/atalk start
>>
>>Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks - Dave Comeau
>

>--

970.453.8331
www.evsdesigns.com