Re: NFS slow under YDL2

Subject: Re: NFS slow under YDL2
From: Jim Cole (greyleaf@yggdrasill.net)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 22:37:03 MDT

Just a stab in the dark, but have you verified that your system can
resolve all machines involved, both IP addresses from names and names from
IP addresses? Seems nine times out of ten, problems involving network apps
such as you describe are due to timeouts while attempting to resolve the
various resources involved.

Jim

michael's bits of Thu, 14 Jun 2001 translated to: