Re: NFS slow under YDL2

Subject: Re: NFS slow under YDL2
From: michael (mlibby@qwest.net)
Date: Sat Jun 16 2001 - 07:30:35 MDT

Thanks, Jim.

It seems to be working now-- I did remove the first line of /etc/resolv.conf
which read "search mylocaldomain" followed on the next lines by the correct
IP addresses for hostname lookup at my ISP.

The /etc/hosts file already had a complete listing of all my 192.168.x.x
hosts-- but the mount script used the 192.168.x.x addresses rather than
hostnames.

Do I need to be running any services on the client machine to enable NFS? I
don't recall needing this before (or ever reading that NFS client machines
required daemons going), but I have turned on both nfsd and portmap since the
first time I ran the mount script.

-michael