Compile errors compiling ethernet module

Subject: Compile errors compiling ethernet module
From: Leonard Chung (leonard@chung.yikes.com)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 05:33:48 MDT

I have a Netgear FA311 ethernet card which I'm trying to get working.

Under CS 1.2.1, I went to http://www.scyld.com/network and compiled the
proper kernel module for my card. Under 2.0, I've been unable to get the
module compiled. I get errors claiming there are no such members called
"tbusy", "start", etc. It is also unable to find errno.h.

This is all despite the kernel-headers and kernel source RPMs being
installed. The website discusses a bit how RedHat 7.0's environment mucks
with the header files causing much breakage. It gives a workaround, but
this seems RedHat specific.

Has anybody successfully compiled network kernel modules under 2.0?

Leonard