Re: More newbie questions

Subject: Re: More newbie questions
From: Jamin "W." Collins (jcollins@asgardsrealm.net)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 07:48:35 MDT

On 16 Jun 2001 22:40:41 -0700, Carolyn Jean Fairman wrote:

> Thanks for all the help. Some more questions. I see an error message
> asking about the domain in /etc/resolve.conf somewhere in
> /etc/messages.
>
> Right now the file is just
>
> nameserver 206.13.28.12
> nameserver 206.13.31.12
>
> Should these be in hosts.allow?

This is not normally necessary. If you are able to resolve Internet
names to their IP addresses, then I wouldn't worry about it. The
hosts.allow file is used by tcpd wrapper to control access, but it is
unusual to have DNS queries wrapped by this program. You can find out
more about the tcpd program from it's man file "man tcpd".

Jamin W. Collins