Re: Video refresh too high

Subject: Re: Video refresh too high
From: Rick Sheridan (thunder@ccountry.net)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 08:13:48 MDT

'The Yellow Dog Linux Champion Server 1.2 Guide to Installation'
(guide_v1.1.4_144dpi.pdf), page 8.4 has just what you are looking for. The
settings here have always worked for me, except with the YDL 2.0 installer
(but I am getting that sorted out with help from here).

Try the following in place of your posted example:

video=atyfb:vmode:6,cmode:24

The 'vmode' setting is resolution and refresh, while 'cmode' is color depth.
You are using your Mac's frame buffer, so you will need to set the 'vmode'
and 'cmode' which are appropriate to you your Mac OS settings.

-- Rick