Re: I give up

Subject: Re: I give up
From: Hollis (hollis-lists@austin.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 09:15:17 MDT

On Sunday 17 June 2001 10:52, Rick Sheridan wrote:
> Thanks. De-selecting "no video driver" doesn't work. Using an earlier
> version of BootX was simply because the ver. 1.2.3 that is installed by the
> YDL 2.0 BootX installer hangs when trying to boot my current Linux system,
> and when attempting to use differnt kernels with the YLD ramdisk
> installers. This is probably due to the default ramdisk size setting in the
> kernel.

Hmm... you can specify the exact ramdisk size to use in BootX though.

> I never use the BootX App. I always use the extension.

Ok, that rules that out...

> I am not sure what to do:
> > - enable the input layer (in 2.2 this is set as a USB option, but you
> > need not compile USB drivers to use it). /etc/sysctl.conf has already
> > been set up to take advantage of this feature; disabling it will render
> > your keymaps useless.
>
> All of the kernel configurations have USB enabled.

At the bottom of the USB page in menuconfig are the input layer options.
Simply enabling USB does not affect them.

> The input layer works
> fine with my current Linux/PPC system and all of the kernels I have.

How do you know? The "input layer" is a very specific term for a recent
feature. Of course "input" works fine before that. Also, even with the input
layer enabled, I believe it defaults to off; your startup scripts must enable
it. This is the case in YDL2, and is not the case on older distributions like
LinuxPPC.

-Hollis