Re: YDL 2.0 on 9600. Up and running...

Subject: Re: YDL 2.0 on 9600. Up and running...
From: Philippe L. Houze (plhydl@blackdiamondltd.com)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 11:03:03 MDT

Hi,

After much unsuccesful tries, I finally succeeded installing YDL on PPC 9600/350.

First video card used: Matrox MGA... no luck, whatsoever.
Second video card: IMS Twin Turbo 128. I was able to install using text, but never able to "startx".
Third video card: 3D Rage II. Work like a charm at 24 bits res. on a PF790 ViewSonic.

So for everyone out there with video problems. Even though some cards are listed in the Xconfig (my first two cards were) does not mean it is going to work.

If anyone needs more info, please feel free to email me.
Philippe