YDL 2.0 - Starmax 3000/240

Subject: YDL 2.0 - Starmax 3000/240
From: Jamin "W." Collins (jcollins@asgardsrealm.net)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 19:29:25 MDT

After a little work, I've succeeded in getting YDL 2.0 installed on a
Starmax 3000/240. However, I'm having a little difficulty with X.

Currently, the system is using the Frame Buffer device. I've tried both
the ati and atimisc drivers to no avail, both result in no picture of
any kind (X errors on start-up). With fbdev, at least I can get a
picture. However, there are two problems with using this driver.

1) I don't seem to be able to get better than 8 bit color depth
1a) 16 bit goes yellow and purple
1b) 24 bit blanks the screen and destroys the terminal
1c) 15 bit seems almost correct, but has a lot of artifacts
2) Whenever the system is in X, the system locks hard after a few
minutes. (This doesn't happen if I remain at a console).

According to X, the card is an "ATI Mach64 VT rev 64" with 4 megs of
memory.

Jamin W. Collins