Re: ahh...stuffit

Subject: Re: ahh...stuffit
From: Michael Tucker (mtucker@eecs.harvard.edu)
Date: Sun Jun 17 2001 - 21:48:46 MDT

hehe...

 too minimal an install even for that ;) while I'm on the topic, has
anyone run into problems installing where the Installer dies because of a
"Package Install Failed" during its attempt to transfer packages. I am
getting that on an 8600 with an internal Zip and HD. I also get an error
after setting up my partitions, "Error opening /dev/sdb: No such device or
address" if I try installing without anything in the Zip drive. If I
continue past the error (or install with a disk in the drive), I come to
the second error (Packge Install Failed). If I hit OK it tries to
configure the network, but dies in the process because no files have
actually been copied (apparently).

Any ideas?
Mike