Re: Why not BootX on Rev 2 G3 (New World) ??

Subject: Re: Why not BootX on Rev 2 G3 (New World) ??
christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 06:03:02 MDT

On Sun, 17 Jun 2001, Dr. David Sterling wrote:
>I have a Blue and White and based on the discussion at:
>http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/G3-ZONE/yosemite/newfeatures.html it is Rev
>2.

 Ahh. The first generation of Beige G3s shipped with an ATI 3D Rage II+
and then there was a later batch that shipped with a Rage Pro. I've heard
of the Rage Pro's being the Rev 2. Also on the site you mentioned, they
state:

 '(B&W G3) Rev. 1 and Rev. 2 logic boards are similar'.

 Notice the B&W. This is because they are talking about the Rev 2's of the
TupperMacs and not Rev. 2 of the G3. The TupperMacs were Rev 4's I believe
of the G3.

 In either case, because you have a TupperMac, I'm not sure why Yaboot
doesn't work for you. I've never tried YDL on a TupperMac, and my only
experience with them has been bad.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada