Re: yellowdog-general Digest 18 Jun 2001 00:33:26 -0000 Issue 425

Subject: Re: yellowdog-general Digest 18 Jun 2001 00:33:26 -0000 Issue 425
christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 09:44:19 MDT

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, William Max Fredericksen wrote:
>I wanna know, why shouldn't I continue as I had before with BootX
>1.3.whatever? or for that matter why not rewrite BootX to suit the
>newer machines? personally I like it more...

 Ooh, you obviously don't have to work in the same environment as I. We
replaced our central web server (which was a Sun box running Slowlaris)
with a couple of G4s running YDL. Many of the people in our operations
room look at our G4s with a *lot* of scepticism, and are relieved at least
a bit when they see Linux booting instead of MacOS. With Yaboot, there is
no MacOS splash screen, and believe me, where I work, this is a *good*
thing. :-)

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada