Getting Online!

Subject: Getting Online!
From: Brooks (ldbrook@swbell.net)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 15:19:59 MDT

I have been trying to get online for the past two weeks with no luck. I
have DSL through SWBell and have been told I need Roaring Penguin's
PPPoE program (rp-pppoe-2.8-1.ppc.rpm) to access the net. I've
downloaded it, burned it on CD so I could put it on my Linux desktop. If

I'm on the right track with this course of action I need someone to tell

me the next steps (simple instructions) to take as I am a completely
new Linux user. If not, then what do I need to do. Linux has obviously
peaked my interest, however If I cannot access the internet with it
then It's no good to me. Your help is much appreciated!
Brooksias

p.s. I am using the KDE environment.