Re: YDL 2.0 - when is final going to be final?

Subject: Re: YDL 2.0 - when is final going to be final?
From: William Max Fredericksen (mouenblade01@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 21:31:53 MDT

Dan (and others on this list),

thank you for a straightforward answer, although I feel like I caught you on
a bad day right now - but thank you anyhow, and especially thank you for
your work. I didn't ask the question to insinuate that you should be
'keeping up with the jones'", it was more a curiosity thing.

I am running YDL 1.2.1, but sad to say I have not had the time or
opportunity to really learn the ins and outs of it, I just know how to keep
things running smooth for our particular internet route & services using
said box. So when it comes to the technical guts of the system, things like
rolling new kernels and such make my teeth chatter. I will eventually learn
the system, just going slowly... I know you all understand the frustration
factor when you try something so key to the running of the OS and it doesn't
work - especially when you don't know how to back out of it, or you can't
back out of it without a total reinstall. Hence my question.

I understand that you're doing what you think is best for your users. That's
why I'm hanging out here instead of at mandrake or redhat or anywhere
else... sorry if I ruffled feathers, but I am paying attention to all
that's said here so I can learn. If you don't ask, you never know right?

Bill Fredericksen

on 6/18/01 3:35 PM, yellowdog-general-digest-help@lists.yellowdoglinux.com