Partition's Data Region doesn't occupy the entire partition ?

Subject: Partition's Data Region doesn't occupy the entire partition ?
From: Chris & Lockey Krieger (L.Krieger@prodigy.net)
Date: Mon Jun 18 2001 - 23:36:39 MDT

Hi,

I'm trying to do a YDL 2.0 install onto a Power Computing PowerCurve with a
Newer G3/300, 64 MB, Quatum Viking 4.2 GB SCSI drive on internal SCSI,
UltraTek-66 ATA controller with Toshiba DVD/CDRW on it.

I'm trying to install onto a partition on the scsi drive, which also has my
MacOS install (9.1/HFS+)
All goes well until I get to the "edit partitions" step in the install. At
this point, I get:

Error: The partition's data region doesn't occupy the entire partition.

Then I get a python backtrace:

error: Bug: Assertion (dev->open_count > 0 at device.c:822 in function
ped_device_close() failed.

File /usr/lib/yi/parteditor.py line 119 in Main dev.close() # clean up
File /usr/lib/yi/parteditor.py line 69, self.Main(face, drive)
File /usr/lib/yi/template.py line 56, in __call__ return
self.configure(args)

I've tried installing to an external drive, partitioned with a different
tool, with different SCSI drivers installed (HD Toolkit vs Formatter One
Pro. vs Apple 9.1) I get the same error.

I've tried installing to a zip drive, and got the same error.

I've tried "edit partitions" with all three devices on the scsi bus. I get
this error for each device.

These partitions worked fine with YDL CS 1.2.

I've install from this CD onto my iBook SE/466. I had to tell OF to boot off
the CD, as CMD/OPT/O/F wouldn't find it as bootable. Other than that,
everything went smoothly there.

Any ideas?

Chris Krieger
L.Krieger at prodigy.net