Re: Partition's Data Region doesn't occupy the entire partition ?

Subject: Re: Partition's Data Region doesn't occupy the entire partition ?
From: Rick Sheridan (thunder@ccountry.net)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 05:54:16 MDT

I have run into exactly the same problem! Last night I completely
re-formatted my drive(s). I tried Apples 'Drive Setup', FWB's 'HD Toolkit',
and finally 'Silverlining'. I have 2 SCSI drives and 1 IDE/ATAPI drive.
Same results. I have tried formatting the intended Linux drive or partition
(tried both methods) as 'Free', and I have tried partitioning with 'Pdisk'
and 'LinuxPPC 2000Q4' installer. YDL 1.2 and LinuxPPC 2000Q4 have no
problem installing.

YDL 2.0 doesn't want to install on my machine. UMAX C600 w/ Sonnet G3
300/1MB Crescendo, Quantum Viking 2.2GB SCSI, WD Enterprise 4GB SCSI, and WD
15 GB ATA.

-- Rick