Re: Networking questions YDL2.0

Subject: Re: Networking questions YDL2.0
From: Dave Comeau (dave@evsdesigns.com)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 11:48:58 MDT

Hmmmm....

I don't have the brand name of our hub, I'm not at work right now,
and we use a Snap server to access common storage. But for the mac to
"see" the linux machine, I just have netatalk running on the linux
side of things, I can mount the linux machine right on the mac
desktop, from the network browser, so I just drag n drop files each
way. I didn't have to run anything on the apple side of the things,
except for appletalk. From NT, I just ftp everything right now, I
haven't had time to see how I can open files directly on the linux
machine from nt like I do with the mac. Like I said before, I'm no
expert, but netatalk was the key for me.

Hope I've been some help - Dave

970.453.8331
www.evsdesigns.com