Install YDL 2.0 via BootX--Help please!

Subject: Install YDL 2.0 via BootX--Help please!
From: Tongzhu Liu (tl356@columbia.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 19 2001 - 19:55:56 MDT

Hi,

 I just purchased YDL 2.0 and tried to boot it into my PowerBook G3
(OldWorld, 233MHz). I partitioned the drive with MacOS 9 (1.01 GB as
HFS standard for MacOS and 1.01 GB as unallocated), restalled MacOS 9,
and installed the BootX into MacOS following the instructions. When the
BootX Installer is complete, select Restart. When prompted by BootX,
select "Linux", then a lot of texts appeared as following, and
installation stopped:
...............(Omited)
usb.c: registered new driver hub.
request-module [block-major-81: root fs not mounted.
VFS: cannot open root device 08:01.
Kernel panic: unable to mount root fs on 08:01.
rebooting in 180 seconds....

After about 3 minutes, the computer rebooted and again the same thing
happened.

Sigh, It seems that the installation of YDL 2.0 is not as simple as I
thought...

Any comment will be be appreciated.

Tongzhu Liu
tl356@columbia.edu