Re: Console (no X) based MP3 player

Subject: Re: Console (no X) based MP3 player
christopher.murtagh@mcgill.ca
Date: Wed Jun 20 2001 - 08:28:07 MDT

On Mon, 18 Jun 2001, michael wrote:
>If you can handle a fairly open, but non-GPL-compatible license, mpg123
>works. It's not as featureful as mp3blaster (which seems to segfault on
>my YDL system as well). File globbing will do a poor man's playlist. Use
>"mpg123 -vz *.mp3" for verbose output and a shuffle play. Seems to
>accept a single ctrl-C as a fast-forward to the next song.

Thanks for the info Jamin and Michael, mpg123 works well. Now just one
other question....

 How do I turn the internal speakers on my powerbook off in console mode?
I want to be able to use the headphones but not have the sound come out of
the internal speakers. Any info would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

--

Christopher Murtagh Webmaster / Sysadmin Web Communications Group McGill University Montreal, Quebec Canada